Sunday, March 30, 2014

Clothespin Bag from Repurposed Child's Dress

This idea came when I spotted a vintage clothespin bag at an antique mall, fashioned to look like a child's dress.  Not wanting to pay the price, I quickly went home and sketched the design.  I put that aside but then recently found this little child's dress that I had made many years ago.  Not ever having a daughter, granddaughter, or any other little girl to give it to, I remembered the vintage clothespin bag idea!

This can be easily fashioned by sewing the bottom of a child's dress together, cutting the bodice down the center and folding back the "lapels" for easier access to the clothespins.  Child's hanger completes the look, easily hangs on a clothesline.

I'm taking this to the farm, where I LOVE to hang out clothes on the clothesline.

No comments:

Post a Comment