Saturday, April 12, 2014

Ecru Jacket Lacy Make-Over

Some day I'm going to do and say everything I want to do and say, and if people don't like it I don't care."  --Scarlett O'Hara, from Gone with the Wind

I thought of Scarlett today as I was fashioning this lacy jacket from scraps in my lace bin.  Scarlett probably wasn't the first woman to turn a trying situation into a triumph through altered couture.  Her green velvet dress made from her plantation home curtains saved the day!  Sure, Scarlett was a little sassy, too.  Sometimes it takes some spunk to take a chance and come up with something original and one of a kind. 

Today's project was taking a simple Ecru jacket that I've had in my second closet for a long time and haven't worn.  Sure, it was nice.  Too nice to throw out, but also a little boring.  So I gave it some length and laced it up! 

After: 

 Before

Don't forget the back!


1 comment: