Monday, January 23, 2017

What a Difference a Dye Makes!


Before                                 After

   

 I purchased this white coat ages ago, probably more than a decade, and it's hung sadly in my closet ever since. Even though I liked the shape and fit, whenever I tried to put it on it didn't feel right. I finally came to the conclusion that it was the white color which felt more like a lab coat than anything. As much as I admire people who wear lab coats, I am not one of them.


So I decided to try my hand at dye, which turned out to be totally fun and easy. First I ordered my Rit Dye from Amazon Prime (LOVE Amazon Prime). It cost $4.06 and was on my doorstep the next day. For this project I chose Denim Blue, but there are many colors to choose from.
This came in powdered form


Although the dye can be used in a washing machine I decided to keep life simple by using my recycling bin with very hot water and stirring it up with a wooden spoon. So easy.
And it turned out marvelously! After the success of this project I am definitely going to start using dye in more of my projects going forward.
       



No comments:

Post a Comment