Friday, May 30, 2014

Green Sweat Jacket --------> Vest

 
AFTER
BEFORE

 


BACK
 
The little green sweat jacket that grew up into something more fun!
 
I found this green jacket in a thrift store at an amazing BOGO sale, so the cost turned out to be $1.50.  I know, crazy, right?  I had actually seen a green "army vest" in a department store for mega bucks and I new I could fashion something similar from this green jacket. 
 
First I cut off the arms and the collar.  The collar was then split in half and sewn to the bottom of the front to give it a little more length.  I also cut off one of the cuffs on a sleeve and sewed it to the back for more detail.  I have an amazing assortment of vintage buttons that I've been hoarding collecting.  Should I use those amazing buttons on this piece or save them for something better? I decided to use them here.  If something more amazing comes along I'll just cut them off and re-use them. 
 
This vest can be worn with jeans or with a peasant or jean skirt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment